Baronial Youth Officer
If you are passionate about working with youth, nurturing their curiosity, and helping them embrace the chivalric spirit of the SCA, we encourage you to apply for the position of Baronial Youth Officer. Become a guiding force for our young members, foster their love for history and camaraderie, and be a part of the vibrant future of our SCA community.
The Baronial Youth Officer is a crucial role responsible for creating a safe, fun, and educational environment for the young members of our barony. This position provides an opportunity to inspire and educate the next generation of SCA enthusiasts.
- Organize and oversee youth-specific activities at baronial events.
- Promote an inclusive and welcoming atmosphere for youth participants.
- Collaborate with parents and guardians to ensure the well-being of youth members.
- Encourage the exploration of historical and chivalric interests among youth.
- Facilitate educational workshops and games tailored for young participants.
- Must pass background check (run and paid for by the SCA)
- A genuine love for working with youth and inspiring their interest in history.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Understanding of SCA youth policies and safety guidelines (training available if needed).
- Ability to collaborate effectively with parents, guardians, and other SCA officers.
- Prior experience with youth programs or teaching is a plus but not required.
Please send Letters of Intent (LOIs) to the Seneschal at email@example.com and the Baron and Baroness at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please include your legal name and SCA name, membership # and expiry date, contact information, and what office you are intending to apply for. Letters of Intent will be accepted until filled. Any questions about what is expected of each officer may be directed to the Seneschal and the B&B.