Greetings unto the populace of Atenveldt,
The October 2022 edition of the Southwind under the Kingdom Want Ads has a date error and should read:
Kingdom Seneschal (Open until November 1, 2022)
The Kingdom Seneschal’s office is seeking applications for the Kingdom Seneschal, Emergency Deputy Seneschal and a variety of Department Deputies. While the roles include a significant amount of comfort and familiarity with kingdom and corporate laws, these are also things that can be learned along the way if you have interest in entering the role with minimal experience.
- The Kingdom Seneschal’s overall duties are:
- Maintain Kingdom Law and administer changes to Kingdom Law.
- Advise the Crown on Kingdom Law and Corpora.
- Call such meetings, require such reports, and oversee such events as are necessary for the proper functioning of the Kingdom.
- Monitor official branches within the Kingdom to determine if they are maintaining the standards required for an official group and notify the Crown and the Board of Directors when groups fail to uphold the standards.
- Be ultimately responsible for all official Kingdom and inter-kingdom events held within Atenveldt.
- Distribute a copy of Kingdom Law to Royal Heirs at the time of Crown Tourney.
- Be responsible for the dissemination of information via Southwind any changes to law made by, or considered for change by, the Board of Directors.
- Be responsible for ensuring that Territorial Nobility review law changes proclaimed on any day other than the day of Coronation.
- Participate as a member of the Kingdom Financial Committee including authority as a second signer for a variety of Kingdom Checking Accounts.
Please send a note of interest along with any intentions to support a particular area of the office to Seneschal@atenveldt.org and EDSeneschal@Atenveldt.org for consideration. Interested parties must be a current paid member in the kingdom of Atenveldt (though there are no length of residency requirements) and must be at least age 18. In the event you are selected, please be prepared to submit a background check though SCA, Inc. prior to formalizing your warrant. Expectations for length in office are generally two years, though if you are uncertain of your ability to commit to this length of service, the office still welcomes and encourages your opportunity to learn more about the position during whatever tenure you may be available.
Nichelle, Retiring Kingdom Seneschal, Atenveldt
Edward, Acting Kingdom Seneschal, Atenveldt
If anyone has any questions regarding this change please feel free to email me at Seneschal@atenveldt.org
HL Edward Harrison
Acting Kingdom Seneschal