Atenveldt Crown Tournament 101
Good gentles all, pray attend! The time has come for the Crown to declare their Heirs, those who will become the 101 st King and Queen of these Solar Lands of Atenveldt. Come join us for Crown 101!
Saturday January 25th 2019:
Site will open at 8:00 am with court and fighting at TRM discretion. Crown Tournament is easily one of the most beautiful events in the Kingdom, filled with banners, freshly painted shields, and fighters and consorts dressed their best. The tournament field radiates with honor and chivalry as those who seek the Crown fight to prove themselves worthy Heirs. Come to fight, come to watch, and come to see what the future holds for Atenveldt.
If you or your local group are planning to bring shade of any kind, please contact Baroness Sigrid with your tent dimensions. We will be planning a layout for the erics for both tourneys, Crown, Baronies, List, Field support, and historical display/food have space, and to ensure there is adequate space for all, we would appreciate your info in advance and ASAP.101 means Back to Basics, and we will have several activities available throughout the day for people to reflect on and learn about history, provide advice for new members, and nosh.
- We invite everyone to contribute to a lunch potluck, no parameters or theme. Ideally single serving, easy to grab and go foods that can be served at room temp or cold would be ideal. We will have a populace vote for best sweet, best savory, and best beverage. For details please contact the head of cooks guild, Mistress Magdalen (Monique Berry Lyon). There is no min or max but we recommend enough for single servings for 25-50 people.
- Please send images from way back along with your name (full SCA with all titles), the year, event, and SCA location of the image, and if you had a different name back then to Lady Æsa Væna (Liz LeCompte)
- There will be an Atenveldt history display (specifically principality of the sun/principally of atenveldt regalia) courtesy of Viscount Justin and Viscountess Victoria.
- On both days of Crown Weekend, there will be a table with note cards and sharpies for everyone to write advice for our newest members. This advice will be consolidated and distributed to Kingdom-wide chatelaine offices. Please make time to stop by and leave your advice. If you want to list things you can help with, your name, and your Barony, that would be appreciated as well.
- Her Royal Majesty Elizabeth will be hosting a Rose field, to open after the second round of crown. What’s a Rose field? When a fighter is eliminated from the tournament, they may choose to go fight on the Rose field, until they’ve had their fill of fighting for the day. These fights are on a challenge basis only. The victor of the fight will point out who they would like to receive a rose – it might be their consort, or it could be someone else who has inspired them. The loser will then come retrieve a rose from HRM, letting her know who bested them, and will deliver it to the recipient. The Rose field will open after the second round, and will close before the semi finals.She will have over 200 roses to hand out… please plan on earning them and sending them to the ones who inspire you! Ladies of the Rose are welcome and encouraged to join her for this fun!
- Youth actives are planned, children under 10 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Site set-up will be large, many hands make light work, and any help is appreciated.
- Field heralds and runners will be needed the day of Crown Tourney. Please contact Aten Principal Herald Mistress Nastas’ia to sign up. Day of volunteers are also appreciated.
- Marshals are always appreciated. Please contact Sir Pelagius to sign up. Day of volunteers are also appreciated.
- Field support will always appreciate extra hands, please see Mistress Blossom once the fighting begins to offer assistance.
Sunday January 26th 2019:
Site will open at 9:00 am with court and fighting at TRM & TRH discretion. Warlord and Queen’s Rapier Champion are two of the most renowned positions on a royal court. Come Sunday to claim the position or cheer on combatants whom you support.There will be both a largess derby (no count requirements) for kingdom largess (contact Lady Lagertha – Jackie Ouellette with questions) and a grab swap/donation of garb in good condition. This will not be a sale. New members can find something that works for them – maybe something warm for War, and anything not claimed will be distributed to Baronial Chatelaines or a representative from that Barony. Largess will also be a competition, winner based on populace choice.
For Questions or to volunteer contact the Autocrats:
- Baroness Sigrid Ulfsdottir de Lacy – [email protected]
- Lady Lagertha –
- Mistress Blossom –
Site opens Sat. at 8:00am and closes at 5:00pm, Sunday Site will open at 9:00 am and close no later than 5:00 pmSite Fee: $15 Adult (age 17+) $5 member discount
Children free (16 & under)
Address: Chuck Ford Lakeside Park
8201 E. Stella Road Tucson AZ 85730
Staking is permitted. Tents may not remain up overnight as of now. Site is discreetly wet (no glass bottles), pets allowed on leashes only, plenty of parking, grass fields and pavilions. A children’s playground is nearby. Potable water and rest rooms are also close by.
Nearby Amenities: There are over a dozen hotels/motels and numerous food options. Davis-Monthan AFB is within 5 miles for military members Tucson International Airport is about 10 miles from site.
Hotel Block: A room block has been secured for our out of town guests at the La Quinta Inn near the Park Place Mall. Please call 1-800-7533757 for individual reservations and reference conf# 5136B159151457.
Rooms will be held for reservations until Jan 9th. If you call and the block is full, please let Lafy Lagertha know ASAP and she will do her best to add rooms. 1-4 Adults in a double at $107.10 per night + tax
Crown falls during the Gem Show, so hotel space will be limited and likely expensive. Please plan accordingly. Locals who have space available and out of town travelers who would be interested in space, please contact Baroness Sigrid. Include Names, distance from site, beds needed/available.
From the East: Take 1-10 East towards Tucson to exit 270 (S Kolb Rd). Turn Right onto Kolb Road, continue for 4 miles. Turn right onto Irvington Rd, continue for 1 mile. Turn left onto Pantano Rd, continue for 1.5 miles. Turn right on to Stella Rd, continue for 0.5 miles. The park will be on your left.From the North: Take I-10 East towards Tucson to exit 248 (Broadway Blvd/Congress Street). Use the left 2 lanes to take a left onto Congress Street. Continue straight through downtown Tucson for 1 mile. Once out of downtown stay to the right on AZ-210 (Aviation Highway). Continue on Aviation Highway, will turn into Golf Links Road, for 9 miles. Directions Continued below.From the South: Take 1-19 North to exit 101 for 1-10 E towards El Paso, merge onto 1-10 E. Follow directions below for “From the West”:
From the West: Take 1-10 East towards Tucson to exit 265 (Alvernon Way). Use left two lanes to turn left on Alvernon Way and continue north on Alvernon Way for 1.5 miles. Keep left and merge onto Golf Links Rd, and continue on Golf Links Rd for 6 miles. Directions Continued below.Continued for North and West directions: (from Golf Links Rd). Turn right onto S. Pantano Road, continue for 0.5 miles. Turn left onto E. Stella Rd, continue for 0.5 miles. The park will be on your left.
This event is sponsored by the Kingdom of Atenveldt, which is part of the Society for Creative Anachronism, Inc. More information can be found on our website at www.atenveldt.org.