Tidings of Joy and a reminder from the Seneschal: Letters of Intent
Greetings unto all those who would compete to bear the burden of the Atenveldt Crowns. I wish all hopeful competitors and their consorts well. For those who have had this privilege we can assure you that this is no small thing, but one that requires deep consideration and preparedness.
One step is your required Letter of Intent. It is through this letter that the crowns, the marshal and I are able to ascertain that you meet the requirements and are eligible for entry. One of the oaths for preparation is that you are familiar with the laws of the SCA and our lands in particular. I encourage you to confirm that your letters include the following, as set forth in these same laws:
- The fighter and consort must submit a Letter of Intent to the Crown and Kingdom Seneschal thirty days prior to the tournament. This letter must include all of the following:
- Membership numbers and expiration dates, that can be confirmed by the SCA Registry Membership and be able to provide proof of current membership the day of Crown Tournament.
- Statement of Residency and active participation within the Kingdom of Atenveldt for twelve months immediately prior to Crown Tournament.
- Must have a name and device passed OR in submission with the College of Heralds.
- Contact Information, including Society and Modern names.
- A copy of the current Atenveldt Fighter Authorization card or other documentation that can be confirmed on the marshallate rolls
Letters of intent are due no later than December 23 and should include confirmation that the above requirements are met. I would also strongly encourage you all to refresh your familiarity with both our corporate guidelines and kingdom law.
Fortitudinem et honorem et vigilantia,
Nichelle Whitewolf, Seneschal