Our Crown & Consort
His Majesty Morgan Aethelwulf (he/him) &
Her Majesty Elizabeth Aethelwulf (she/her)
King & Queen of Atenveldt
Greetings, and Welcome to Atenveldt!
Whether you are new to the SCA or are a seasoned player, We welcome you to the Land of the Sun and hope that you find your home and your chosen family here with Us! Our Kingdom is filled with people who have interests and specialties across the board, so We are certain that you will find whatever interests you here within Our borders! Whether your interests lie on the fighting field, the archery range, or in gentler pastimes such as brewing, embroidery, or scribal arts, We hope that you find what fuels your interests here in Atenveldt!
With our sunny weather, We have events throughout the year: camping during the cooler months, and primarily indoor events during the heat of the summer months. This year, with the COVID-19 epidemic, We have retreated to mainly online interactions, but We are still here, creating, training, teaching, and learning! If you need help finding your way to folks with similar interests, or if you’d just like to say hello, please feel free to send Us an email – We’d be thrilled to hear from you!
Morgan & Elizabeth
Events their Royal Majesties will be in attendance.
- November 2nd: Coronation (BTM, AZ)
- November 3rd: Champions (BTM, AZ)
- November 23-24th: Art of War (BSD, AZ)
- December 14: Starkhafn Yule (Las Vegas, NV)
- January 4 2020: Kingdom 12th Night (BTY, AZ)
- January 5: Southern War Practice (BTY, AZ)
- January 11: Sun Sand & Swords (Shire of Burning Sands)
- January 12: Central War Practice (BSD, AZ)
- January 19: Northern War Practice
- January 25-26: Crown/Warlords (BTY, AZ)
- February 18-24: Estrella War (Estrella War website)
In March 2020 Atenveldt and the SCA cancelled all events and group activities to comply with health mandates and assist in preventing prevent the spread of the Corona Virus during the worldwide pandemic.
- May 9: 1st “Virtual Court” (Multi-Kingdom – held on the Internet)
- June 13: 2nd “Virtual Court” (Multi-Kingdom- held on the internet)
- July 25: 3rd “Virtual Court” (Multi-Kingdom- held on the internet)
- AUGUST 29: Atenveldt Etherial Court (Multi-Kingdom – held on the Internet)
- October 10: Atenveldt Etherial Court (Multi-Kingdom – held on the Internet)
- November 21st- Atenveldt Ethereal Court (Multi-Kingdom – held on the Internet)
- JANUARY 2, 2021- Atenveldt Etherial Court (Multi-Kingdom – held on the Internet)
- JANUARY 16, 2021- Atenveldt 50 year Virtual Event.Day in the Park Events
- 7/17 BGM – both
- 7/31 BTM – both
- 8/14 BES – TRM
- 8/28 BMMT – TRH
- 8/28 BTM – TRM
- 9/11 BTY – both
- 9/25 SOW – TRH
- 8/25 BSD – TRM
- What He likes to drink: water, Pepsi, Arnold Palmers, non-hoppy beer (kolsch is the best ever!), Irish Whiskey with ginger ale, Moscow mules
- What He likes to snack upon: lean meats, cheese, crackers, veggies, BACON! Cheesecake.
- What He dislikes: All forms of mushrooms, meat on the bone, squash, raisins
- Preferred culture/time: 9th – 10th century Rus or Slavic
What She likes to drink: Water, unsweetened iced tea, diet coke, non-hoppy beers, ciders, mojitos, G&Ts!
What She likes to snack upon: lean meats, cheeses, crackers, veggies, fruit. Oh, and Strawberry Mentos (don’t judge!).
What She dislikes: cooked mushrooms, meat on the bone, meat with the face still attached (because that’s foul), undercooked poultry, lamb
Preferred culture/time: 9th – 10th century Rus or Slavic
Court of Their Royal Majesties
KING & QUEEN
Morgan (he/him) & Elizabeth (she/her)
PRINCE & PRINCESS
Czypser (he/him) & Mineko (she/her)
Mistress Rowan Bridget Blackmoor (she/her)
Sir Zachariah de Kane (he/him)
QUEEN'S RAPIER CHAMPION
Master Taka Kensai (he/him)
Mistress Finola Sutherland (she/her)
HE Gefroi le Gris (He/Him)
Master Michaelis Aurelius (He/Him)
Sir Valora tou Ayiva (she/her)
Lord Hrok Æthelwulf (he/him)
Lord Lodinn Feilan (he/him)
Lord Hrok Æthelwulf (he/him)
CAPTAIN OF THE GUARD
Sir Rudiger Seraphin (he/him)
HEAD LADIES IN WAITING
Baroness Irisko Araynes (she/her)
Lady Ysabeau La Roux (she/her)
SHIELD OF CHIVALRY
Lord Eugene (he/him)
CUT AND THRUST CHAMPION
Master Roland de Winter (he/him)
Baroness Kateryn Uxor Michaelis (she/her)
Master Johann of Hawksley (he/him)
BARD OF THE SUN
Lady Daphne of Karyes (she/her)
Lady Lagertha (she/her)
Mistress Æsa Öngull (she/her)
Lord Philippe de Dauphine (he/him)
ARTS & SCIENCES CHAMPION
Sir Domingo (he/him)
YOUTH ARCHERY CHAMPION
M’lord Hamish the Hunter (he/him)
YOUTH A & S CHAMPION
M’Lady Gabriella Salvi de la Rosa (she/her)
Gifts and Largesse
We are very blessed to have a prosperous and hard working Kingdom with so many volunteers among Our Populace, and We can think of no better way to thank deserving individuals for their efforts than with handmade gifts.
As We attend events within the Kingdom We would like to showcase our talented artisans to the Populace by giving out handmade gifts. In addition We are traveling to large events outside the Kingdom along with the pleasure of investing new Barons and Baronesses in Our Lands, so we are always in great need of largesse.
To that end, to create suitable gifts, We would ask that they meet some of the following criteria:
- Be labeled with a description and your name
- Be durable and unaffected by heat.
- Be suitable to present to the Populace of Atenveldt, including investiture of Sundragon
- Be suitable to present to Crowns and Coronets of foreign lands
- Be small enough to pack and to go on a plane. This also applies to gift containers.
- Make multiples of the same item so that foreign Crowns may then gift them to their populace.
- NOTE: Scented items must include an ingredients list and be packaged in sealed zip-loc bags. This will allow us to screen for allergies, prevent cross contamination of items, and maintain the condition of the largess.
This Page was Last Updated on April 11, 2022 1:52 pm | Published: October 14, 2020