The Kingdom is looking for an emergency deputy exchequer – are you interested? I need someone to shadow me for the next year in preparation to become the next kingdom exchequer in August 2023. You don’t need to be an accountant or have a financial background to be a successful exchequer – most of us don’t have that kind of experience before we start.
You DO need to have a touch of OCD or the discipline of being organized so you don’t miss reporting deadlines. You should also be good with a computer so that you can manage multiple log ins, running reports, creating and saving files to upload to shared google drives and sharepoint sites, and print, scan, or use electronic signatures. And, just as important, you should have supportive people skills to recruit, train, collaborate, and cooperate with a variety of volunteers and other officers, including the Crown and Heirs.
What you will learn:
- monthly bank account reconciliations, quarterly and annual reports in Quickbooks
- annual budget, policy, and procedure updates
- adding and removing signatories on all the local accounts
- coordinate the meetings and minutes for the Kingdom Financial Committee and execute their financial vision for the kingdom while keeping them informed about SCA financial policy
- gate logistics and financial reports for kingdom events
- backup assistance for the online registration deputy
- manage warrants and train new local exchequers
I spend about 2-3 hours a week and an additional 2 hours at month close in order to stay on top everything. None of it is difficult and there is generous help and support from society officers.
If you got this far and are still interested, please contact Dame Liadan of Lochlainn – email@example.com