Image “Joust”: Detail of a miniature of the joust between Nicholas Clifford and a Frenchman, at the beginning of chapter 8 of book 2. Recueil des Chroniques et Anciennes Istoires de la Grant Bretaigne (c. 1470- c. 1480) London, British Library, Royal 14 E IV f. 81
To have your event published please send event articles to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you get no response from the Chronicler, the Calendar office, or Seneschal by the 2nd of the month resend your submission. Before sending your announcement, check that your event date is on the Kingdom Calendar.
Notices for events not on the Official Kingdom Calendar will not be printed. To confirm your date(s) please
When preparing your article, be sure to include all required information:
- Event date (day, month, and legal year)
- Sponsoring group’s name
- Site name, street address, city, state, and zip code
- Exact site opening and closing times
- Event Steward(s) name (SCA and modern)
- Event Steward(s) phone number and e-mail
- Site Fee(s) including any applicable surcharges
- An attached copy of the SIGNED event form
- Consider including details such as directions to the site, merchant information, event activities, site restrictions, and ADA accessibility options.
Events which have not published all of the above
information in the Kingdom newsletter are not eligible
to have awards, law changes, or the other Official Kingdom
business conducted at them.
All submissions must be received by midnight on the 1st of the PREVIOUS month (see the Calendar). The deadline does not change for Sundays or holidays. Late submissions may not make it into that month’s issue.
Articles may be reformatted for publication. Please use a single font; do not use tabs or create columns. Event Articles should be provided as an attached MS Word, .txt, or Open Office file.