Dear Lunartics, friends, and family,
Our time draws nigh… …our attention is being called elsewhere, and its siren song tugs at us like a gentle breeze. As with all things, there is a beginning and an end; to that end, we wish to announce our desire to step down as Baron and Baroness of Twin Moons. We chose to extend to ensure that when the time came to hand the barony off to our successors, it would be on its way to recovering from the Great Plague. We see now, like a seed that has been waiting in the earth’s bosom for the soft spring rains and warm sun to help it transform, the dream is ready to blossom forth once again.
We, Seved and Tetinka, Baron and Baroness of Twin Moons, have served the barony for over three years, but the time has come for us to step aside so others may experience the unprecedented joy that comes from sitting on the Lunar Thrones. We are grateful for all the love and support we have received from the barony, kingdom, and society throughout our tenure. We thank you for allowing us the wondrous opportunity to represent their Majesties and serve you, The Moon of Atenveldt. We will continue to serve the dream, wherever the tide may pull us, but we’re never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down, never gonna run around or desert you.
Yours in Service,
Seved and Tetinka
Baron and Baroness of Twin Moons
It is time to request Letters of Intent for the positions of Baron and Baroness for the Barony of Twin Moons. Your letter must be received by the Crown, the Baron and Baroness, the Kingdom Seneschal, and the Baronial Seneschal by December 31, 2021.
The following information must be included in your Letter of Intent:
· Full contact information that includes both modern and SCA names, complete mailing address, phone number(s), and email addresses
· Proof of current membership
· A statement of your reasons for seeking the position
· A statement of your plans and dreams for the future of the Barony
· A brief statement of your history of participation in the Barony and within the SCA
· A statement that you fully understand the responsibilities of the positions of Baron and Baroness and that you are willing to commit to a three-year term of office
· A statement that you understand that, if accepted as a candidate by the Crown, your Letter of Intent will be published in your baronial newsletter.
It is the Crown’s prerogative to accept or decline specific “Letters of Intent”, and determine which couples may be considered in the polling for the position. It is extremely important that the position of Baron and Baroness is held by people the Crown can work with and depend upon to represent the Crown to the populace, and by people who the Crown is willing to warrant for three years.
Lady Eirny – Seneschal
Barony of Twin Moons