Greetings and Good Day!
As we prepare to re-open for SCA activities, including fighting, the Kingdom Marshallate has come up with a plan to get all fighters current with their authorizations.
Your local marshal may determine a full re-authorization is necessary. Their job is to ensure all fighters under their purview are safe to participate in SCA combat, and it’s every fighter’s job to cooperate with the marshals.
If your authorizations are not expired, you are good to go. If you would like to receive an electronic version of your authorization please send an email to: email@example.com with your Fighter Card number and SCA Name.
If your fighter card is expired for any style, you must:
- Check in with your local marshal. They are your first step in getting re-authorized.
- If there is no local marshal for your fighting style, contact your Kingdom Marshal (Kingdom Earl Marshal or Kingdom Rapier Marshal)
- Complete a new Authorization Form – Download from Kingdom site (atenveldt.org) or see your local Marshal
- Fill out the top portion of the form with your personal information.
- Fill out the fighting style(s) you need to reauthorize in.
- Work with the marshal(s) to obtain the necessary signatures.
- Local Marshal(s) sends the form to Kingdom Marshal(s) for signature
- Kingdom Marshal(s) reviews and signs form
- Kingdom Marshal(s) sends form to Kingdom List for recording
- Kingdom List Officer records authorization
- Marshals, local List Officer, and Fighter will receive an Authorization E-Card by email.
- Fighters may print out their E-Card, or request one from the Kingdom List
When preparing to re-authorize you must provide proof you have signed the SCA participation waiver, either with your blue membership card or signing in with the Waiver Officer at the event where you are re-authorizing. This is an SCA Corporate requirement, as described in the Governing Documents:
“Waivers are required for participation in SCA combat and related activities. The SCA General Membership waiver is the text required for use in the United States. Alternative texts may be approved by the Board for use in other countries. Proof of waiver will be established as follows:
To be authorized, or to engage as an authorized participant in SCA combat or related activities, a person must present a current valid membership card indicating that the appropriate waiver is on file with the SCA, Inc. or they must sign a waiver with the same text and comply with all the provisions of that policy.
To train for authorization at SCA-sponsored practice sessions, a person must either present a current valid membership card indicating that the appropriate waiver is on file with the SCA, Inc. or they must sign a waiver with the same text and comply with all the provisions of that policy.”
The Marshallate is working with Kingdom List and Kingdom Web to create an electronic authorization tracking database. This database will allow Fighters, Marshals, and List Officers to verify a fighter’s authorization status without a physical card. Keep your eye out for this exciting new feature of the Kingdom website!!
Separate instructions will be provided to local marshals shortly.
If you have any questions about this process, please reach out to the following: