Oh, imagine a land, it’s a faraway place, where the wild and vicious boars roam. Where you wander among the cactus and Sun, it’s chaotic, but, hey, it’s home!
Greetings Lords, Ladies, and non-binary Nobles! We would like to welcome you to 1001 Ysgithrian Nights, held atop the lofty and mysterious Mount Lemmon!
This camping event is packed to the brim with fun activities for the whole populace! In the spirit of 1001 Arabian Nights, we will have a bardic competition on Friday evening to determine the new Bard of the Boar. Bring and share your favorite stories (songs are also welcome!).
Saturday will feature melee fighting for both the rapier and heavy fighters. This is an excellent time to dust off your war weapons and take the field! There will also be two different A&S competitions, with a populace choice prize for each. To honor our former event Boast and Toast, one of competitions is a culinary challenge with 3 different categories: bread, sweets, and savory. You can bring up to one entry per category of food. The second competition is open to all the non-culinary arts. Don’t worry about documentation, have fun and bring any of your SCA inspired pieces.
Rounding out Saturday we will have a Baronial potluck and a fun hafla to party the night away. Drums and dance shoes encouraged!
Please sign up to bring items for the Baronial Potluck on Saturday using the below link. Please only fill out this form if you are registering for that event and if you plan on bringing a dish. Please bring a card or sheet that lists all of your ingredients for potential allergies. Note cards will be provided on sight, however you will need to know every ingredient used including spices. If you are bringing something store bought, please include the original label.
Dates: May 13- 15, 2022
Location: Showers Point, Mt. Lemmon, Tucson, AZ
Site Times: Site opens Friday May 13th at 3:00pm. Quiet hours after 10:00pm both nights. The event ends Saturday Night and the site MUST be vacated by 11:00am on Sunday, May 15.
Attendance is limited to 75 people so Pre-registration is required.
• Adult (Entire Weekend: Fri-Sun): $15 for members, $20 for non-members
• Child (5-17): $5.00 (Day tripping or Entire Weekend same Fee for Children)
• Child (under 5): Free
Register using the below link and bring your site fee to the BTY Tuesday night fighter practice or contact the Baronial Exchequer Lady Lagertha (Jackie Ouellette) on the book of Faces to arrange payment.
Site Information: The altitude is 8000 feet. If you have breathing issues, please bring needed
Facilities: The campsites at Showers Point are spacious and spread out among stands of big ponderosa pines and clusters of Gambel oak and include:
There are three ramadas with bear-box food storage and fireplaces, which will be assigned for specific use. Tent camping is spread throughout the site and will be interspersed. The Camp Steward will assist with locating campsites for attendees.
Four vault toilets serve all three sites and are centrally located between Sites #1 and #2. All trash
containers are located at the bathrooms. This is a rustic site with no electricity.
• Vehicle parking is extremely limited. Carpooling is strongly encouraged. There are only 15 parking spaces and several will be reserved for loading/unloading. At no time is it permitted to block the roadway. Trailers aren’t recommended due to limited turn area, but if brought they must be parked at the trailhead just down from the Shower Point’s entrance on Organization Ridge Rd. Small vehicles may also park along Organization Ridge Road, as it is general forest area, providing parking does not impinge on emergency service vehicle access (must be off of the road). Additional parking, perfect for day tripping, is at the trailhead on the Mount Lemmon Freeway just before the Palisades Ranger Station (it has both restrooms and drinking water).
• No hookups available
• No RV’s permitted
• No showers available
• Bears, Cougars and other animals live in the area; all food must be secured in bear proof
containers and trash disposed in the bear proof trash cans provided
• Organization Ridge Road is an all-weather gravel road
• The road into the campground off Organization Ridge Road is paved
• Pets: All pets must obey the leash and pet waste laws.
• Fire restrictions may be in effect. If so, no wood or charcoal fires will be permitted. However, propane grills, stoves, lanterns, and fire pit are permitted under fire restrictions.
• Prevent the spread of tree-killing pests by obtaining firewood near your destination and burning
• General store is located five miles away in Summerhaven, which sells ice, food, and camping equipment (and amazing fudge!).
• Emergency Services: Fire, paramedic, and Pima County Sherriff Department and can be
reached by dialing 911 on your cell phone. Estimated response time is 5 to 7 minutes.
Event Steward: Lady A’isha Al-Zarqa (Amanda Creed) Phone: (520)279-1489 (please no calls
after 9:00pm, texting is preferred) Ahansen410@gmail.com and Mistress Tigra MacKay of
Marwode, OP (Karen Billick), Phone: (520) 465-4913 (please no calls after 9:00pm, texting is
E Organization Ridge Rd,
Mt Lemmon, AZ 85619
From Tucson, Arizona, go northeast on Catalina Highway approximately 30 miles from Tucson
until just before Palisades Ranger Station (Milepost 20). Signage will say “Palisades Ranger
Station and Showers Point”. Turn left on Organization Ridge Road and travel 1.2 miles to
Showers Point. If you pass the Palisades Ranger station, you have gone too far. You will see the
Boy Scout Camp on your left as you turn down Organization Ridge Road.
From the North of Tucson (Phoenix): take I-10 to Exit 256 and onto W Grant Road. Travel East
for 5.1 miles until turning left onto E Tanque Verde. Travel 3.3 miles until you reach E Catalina
Highway. Turn left (North).
From the South of Tucson (Sierra Vista): take I-10 to Exit 275 to S Houghton Rd. Travel North
for 15.1 miles until turning right onto E Catalina Highway. In 2.4 miles, Catalina Hwy will turn
into E Mt. Lemmon Hwy.